Top 10 Best Hiking Boots Under $100 In 2017
Hiking has become a very popular activity in the United States and many other parts of the world. Apart from being a major health booster, you get a chance to see the world like you have never done. I didn't understand this feeling until I took a walk on the Southern Teton in Wyoming. The experience is not only breathtaking but also gives you a sense of adventure.
As amazing as hiking is, your hiking can go really bad if you don't have the right boots. This is why I am reviewing the best hiking boots under 100. This should help you make a choice the next time you go shopping for your hiking gears.
Things to Consider Before You Buy Your Best Hiking Boots
It is very easy to go wrong with shopping. Many of us have fallen victim of paying for items we couldn't even use. Picking a pair of hiking boots is not something you should do randomly. In fact, the tough demands of hiking require boots that are up to the task. Otherwise, you can have a very terrible experience, maybe even dangerous, when you go hiking. There are certain factors you should consider when you want to buy hiking boots. They include;
Hiking usually involves walking up mountains and trekking down hills. The terrains are usually very tough and rocky. It is important to get hiking boots that are durable enough to give you the balance and stability you need. Apart from these, durable boots will also give great protection to your feet. Plus, when you get tough boots, they tend to last longer than regular substandard boots. So you don't have to keep replacing your boots every summer.
I’m not sure there’s anyone who would want to compromise comfort for anything. This is especially true for hiking. If it is not comfortable, you should stay off. It would be a disastrous hiking experience for you if your boots don't let you walk properly.
Whatever it is, walking over miles with even the slightest discomfort does not deserve your money. The boots should have the right sole that will not cause a slip. Also, it is best to have a lightweight pair of boots that you can wear and crush through climes and miles anytime you want.
Hiking is not the same thing as swimming, even though sometimes you might need to cross over little streams or hike close to waterfalls. Hiking does take us to heights and climes where the temperature could be humid. Other times, it could require that you walk across a shallow pond. Or it could be that it just begins to rain when you’ve gone too far off. Some of the best hiking boots have rubber soles which are water resistant to keep your feet dry. It is usually uncomfortable when your feet get wet in your boots.
Accidents do happen during hiking. We do our best to avoid them, but they do. Even when they don't, your feet can get sore from all that trekking. I have already explained why you need durable boots to protect your feet from injury. It is equally important to get boots that feature protective screen collars and rise high above your ankles to protect them from harm. Some of the best hiking boots feature this padded collar that is made of tough, impact-resistant materials.
The point of having several options to choose from is to be able to make the best choice. An important part of making that choice is the price. Competition on the market means that you can get similar products at different prices. It is wrong to think that only the most expensive hiking boots are the best boots on the market. Actually, it’s a better deal when you can get the best quality boots at the lowest price possible. As you already know, the hiking boots I have selected for review are all under $100.
Best Hiking Boots Under 100
Top 5 Best Men's Hiking Boots Under $100 Review
Built from full-grain waterproof leather, with an efficient rubber lug sole, these boots are designed for comfort and efficiency. But that’s not all.
The Timberland brand has been known for uncompromising class over the years, and this is just an added statement to that reputation. This pair of boots is sure to give you the right stability and comfort you desire for your next hiking trip.
The Timberland White Ledge Men’s Waterproof model is true to its Name, giving you complete dryness and long-lasting satisfaction.
- The upper is made of quality leather and textile materials
- The boots also feature a rubber sole.
- Padded collar provides cover for your ankle area.
- The finish features a lace-up vamp and a pull loop at the rear.
- The dual-density EVA footbed is removable from inside the boots.
- Waterproof leather to keep your feet dry at all times.
- It is sturdy enough to withstand environmentally-induced wear and tear.
- Added convenience.
- Ankle protected.
Merrell men's moab ventilator mid hiking boot is the combination of quality, performance, and heritage. It doesn't only protect your feet from external harm but contains antimicrobial agents that prevent the reproduction of odor.
This is done by the M Select Fresh feature which prevents sweat and moisture from staying within your boots, therefore, keeping your feet dry. But dryness isn't the only pleasure you deserve, your feet stay fresh too all day long. This is superior quality built with class and great style.
- Sole is made of synthetic material.
- Upper is made from leather and textile.
- Features Vibram™ Multi-Sport Plus™ rubber toe bumper and rear counter.
- The boots also contain a 6.6 injection-molded anatomical footbed for feet support.
- Upper Leather is designed to contain lots of breathable ventilator mesh to allow air in.
- The moisture-wicking mesh lining keeps the feet dry all day long.
- The rubber toe bumper in front and the rear counter are featured to protect the feet from tough impact.
- The boots are durable and give you great walking stability.
- Toe bumper may unglue with time.
- Complaints of the tongue on both boots being too short.
The orange impressions on this one give it a unique exterior look that is both classy and attractive. Add this feature to its lightweight, toughness and breathable quality, and what you have is a heavy-duty pair of shoes that you can never go wrong with.
The Vasque brand already has a beautiful reputation on the market, with an immense crop of loyal customers. If you want to know why they stay, you should give this a try.
- It has a synthetic rubber sole.
- The upper is made of fine leather.
- The air mesh panels are abrasion-resistant.
- Reflective piping is another important feature of this one.
- The boot has measurements including heel (1.25”), shaft (6”), platform (0.75”), and boot opening circumference (12”).
- Rubber toe cap prevents the toes from harm.
- The EVA Footbed has the dual density for extra comfort and endurance.
- Beautiful design
- Might slip on a polished surface.
- It is not waterproof so feet could get wet.
New Balance shoes are built to fit. They also provide great support for speed, making them more suitable for athletes wishing to perform better. With the look and feel of a sports shoe, this product offers great comfort and convenience, even when you run through trails.
So while you watch your steps using other boots, you can glide through terrains in these ones with reckless abandon. You’re sure to run steady and comfortable using these boots.
- The upper is made of synthetic material.
- Beautifully-structured rubber sole.
- Padded tongue for extra feet support.
- The midsole is made from IMEVA foam.
- Features a brand Logo-lace keeper.
- Great exterior design.
- It is budget friendly.
- Suitable for running and speed-walking.
- The feet are treated to a soothing anatomical feeling by the XLT footbed.
- It’s a pair of low shoes without ankle protection.
- Sizing can be a problem too.
The first thing I noticed about the Keen Men’s Targhee 2 hiking boots is the sturdy look. It simply looks and feels like nothing can go through them.
Quality Nubuck leather combines with hydrophobic mesh lining to give you great durability and comfort while keeping your feet dry and fresh all day long.
If you want a perfect replacement for those shoes that you can't wait to get rid of, the Keen Men's Targhee II Mid WP Hiking Boots are worth your consideration.
- 4mm multi-directional lugs.
- Made in the United States.
- Waterproof upper and sole for dryness.
- Contoured heel lock for an enhanced fit.
- Mid-cut height provides great therapeutic ankle support.
- Air-flow is also made possible by the mesh lining.
- Mesh lining designs.
- Keeps water out due to leather upper
- There are concerns about the quality of the shoes.
- Parts might begin to separate over time.
Top 5 Best Women's Hiking Boots
As a female hiker, you should get all the hiking support you deserve. Just know that you can be classy and safe at the same time. These hiking boots review will help you make the right choice for the boots you need.
Best Women’s Hiking Boots Review
The fact that you want to go hiking doesn’t mean you should lose your style. Just like the women’s Targhee hiking boots, the attention of this one is on safety, durability, and comfort. However, there’s an added cheeky feeling to this one, so it is more appealing and helps you maintain your femininity. That doesn't mean you won't get the strength and durability you require.
- It features a quality rubber sole.
- Beautiful and strong lace housing.
- 4mm multi-directional lugs for traction support.
- Waterproof Nubuck leather upper and breathable mesh lining.
- The boots are very rugged and durable.
- Your feet stay dry and fresh throughout.
- Durable and stands up against the wind
- Seams might allow water in if worn in the rain for long.
- You’re advised to order ½ size up if you want it to fit.
Waterproof finish combines with durable sole and nubuck quality leather to give you everything your feet needs for all outdoor challenges. It’s great to be out with Keen Women’s Targhee II Hiking Shoes.
- Removable footbed included.
- 4mm multi-directional, built-in lugs.
- It has a breathable waterproof mesh liner.
- mpact-resistant S3 Heel Support system.
- Included Torsional-stability ESS Shank in the middle of the sole.
- Waterproof design.
- The exterior design is sporty and sleek.
- Cleansport NXT™ feature.
- Does not have ankle support.
- Might contain too much room within.
If you’re a woman and you love to hike, this is one pair of boots that was actually built with your taste in mind. The sleek exterior design is very eye-catching, giving you a chicky feel even when you’re doing something as physical as hiking.
So, step out in style and conquer trails feeling as good as ever in this uniquely-designed boots. There’s actually no better way to hike.
- Vibrant color combination.
- Gusseted tongue is padded for support.
- Includes stability heel clip and rubber toe protector.
- The pull-on loop attached to the padded collar
- Numentum technology to support foot's natural biomechanics.
- Great ankle support
- Self-cleaning lugs for added convenience.
- Suitable for narrow feet.
- Ankle stitching might hurt.
Columbia’s all-weather friendly Women’s Newton Ridge Plus Hiking Boot gives you complete satisfaction any time of the day. With protection from early morning due, showers or heavy downpour, and enough airflow keeping your feet fresh during the hottest of summers, this is just what you need any time of the year, for any kind of weather. Nothing should stop you anymore.
- Breathable mesh for interior ventilation.
- Made from leather and synthetic materials.
- Features a durable rubber sole.
- Triangular D-ring with clamshell lacing.
- Lugged outsole has an Omni-grip feature.
- Feet stay dry always.
- Water and stain resistant.
- High ankle design for protecting the Achilles tendon.
- High balance quality.
- Might hurt your toes if you have large feet.
- Generally, hard interiors might cause pain or sore foot.
For all-round protection and convenience, this pair of boots has been true to its name since it was first launched. These 4-pound women’s hiking boots are, perhaps, one of the most rugged brands on the market. They have been tested and proven to be the preferred endurance rider's boots even when you want to go for the long haul. You can power up and complete great miles in no time, even as the Waterproof Pro™ keeps feet dry even when it’s pouring heavily.
- ATS™ footbeds for foot support.
- Featured Duratread™ outsoles for tight grip.
- Durable Leather upper and rubber sole.
- Moisture-wicking lining to dry up the foot.
- Waterproof Pro™ feature to keep water out.
- The boots keep your feet dry.
- To comfortable
- Moisture-winking lining for extra dryness.
- Ankle protection
- Doesn't allow airflow.
- Not built for slippery surfaces.
As exciting as hiking can be, using the wrong set of boots makes it a frustrating activity. If you want your day out to be fun, comfortable and positively memorable, you should pick one of these boots. Depending on your preference, any of these will give you great value for the budget price you pay.