Best Rock Climbing Shoes for Wide Feet
Struggling to find a pair of best climbing fitted shoes that fit your feet is a common problem most climbers face. Some people are not aware that there are different shoes specifically made for either narrow footed or wide footed people.
The truth is that if you mistakenly buy a narrow shoe while you are wide footed, of course, it’s going to be too tight. And if you are a wide footer and you bought a narrow shoe, it won’t be comfortable either. Every climbing shoe has a unique fitting style.
However, after my in-depth reviews, I have come up with 10 best rock climbing shoes for wide feet for both men and women climbers. These shoes are sensitive, good quality, durable, comfortable, nice grip, well edging, suitable for outdoor bouldering among others that you are looking for. With these best climbing shoes, you can explore different kinds of climbing as some of them are all-rounder shoes.
Without mincing words, let’s look at the things to put into consideration when buying a rock climbing shoe.
Table of Contents
- 1 Top 10 Best Rock Climbing Shoes for Wide Feet
- 2 Things to Consider Before You Buy Your Best Rock Climbing Shoes for Wide Feet
- 3 Best Rock Climbing Shoes for Wide Feet Review
- 3.1 10. Scarpa Men's Instinct Climbing Shoe
- 3.2 9. Scarpa Mens Helix Climbing Shoe
- 3.3 8. Scarpa Men's Vapor Climbing Shoe
- 3.4 7. Five Ten Men's Team Climbing Shoes - Black
- 3.5 6. Mad Rock Flash Climbing - Yellow
- 3.6 5. Sportiva Unisex Tarantula Beginner Climbing Shoes
- 3.7 4. La Sportiva Solution Climbing Shoe - Men's
- 4 Best Women's Climbing Shoes
- 5 Final Verdict
Top 10 Best Rock Climbing Shoes for Wide Feet
Things to Consider Before You Buy Your Best Rock Climbing Shoes for Wide Feet
Before, you purchase any rock climbing shoe, it is ideal to consider the following;
What Your Experience Level Is?
In buying a climbing shoe, experience really matters. Climbing shoes are specifically made based on different stages
Your Style or Kind of Climbing
Yes, what kind of climbing are you involved with? Some people usually start sport climbing on bolted surface, or single pitch which is mostly from the ground level.
Generally speaking, there are 3 categories of climbing, we have long mountain routes, bouldering, and free climbing. So the kind and nature of the climbing you engage in will determine the type of climbing shoes you need. Don’t forget that you’re climbing all the way, so you need to make sure you get exactly the shoes specifically meant for that climbing.
The Shape and Size of The Foot
We have different types of shapes when it comes to foot. The narrow and broad or wide foot. In other words, if your foot is narrow then you should get rock climbing shoes with narrow structure likewise broad or wide shape foot. The reason is that if you buy the wrong one, then it is either the shoe is very tight or very loose. You must avoid any of these things.
When your shoe is too tight, you can’t be comfortable climbing and if it's lost you can’t comfortable either. If your shoe is not fitting to the leg please don’t climb. Try and get your size.
Other things you should consider include, price, the material which will equally determine the quality etc. now let’s look at the best rock climbing shoes for wide feet climbers.
Best Rock Climbing Shoes for Wide Feet Review
Scarpa Instinct is one of the Best Rock Climbing Shoes for Wide Feet climbers. They perform absolutely well. This product has one of the best heels at the market. The Edges are very impressive as well as the smears which are also incredible.
Instinct comes with a downturn that moderately aggressive. It relatively has a stiff sole. The shoe is truly versatile, with a comfortable size. As a climber, this shoes will be ideal for a great all-day hard route. The fully rounded toe box makes it perfect for jamming and again it has ¾ length-midsole which provides a simple twisting into-cracks surface.
Additionally as one the best climbing shoes for wide footers, this product has a premium quality performance shoe for-steep-boulder-problem. This product can get a little stretchy.
- Highly really aggressive.
- It has a Moderate shape.
- Impressive heel-fit.
- It is made with synthetic-sole.
- Good for bouldering.
- Very versatile.
- Easy on & off.
- It is perfect for overhanging.
- Ideal for outdoor bouldering.
- Suitable for gym.
- It fits pretty well.
- It has an impressive grip.
- Perfect for every discipline.
- It is very sensitive.
- Easy to put on/off.
- Meant for wide footers only.
- It can really be too tight at first.
- Smearing can hurt.
Are you looking for one of the best rock climbing shoes for wide feet climber, Helix climbing is ideal for you. It is durable and mostly loved by all climbers. This climbing shoe is ideal for beginners with wide feet.
The TAC-100 sole coupled with the suede at the upper level offers a perfect protection while retaining its sensitivity. The ability to feel the rock beneath your feet made it paramount for a very safe climbing. This men’s climbing shoe has a lace-up that allows you to stick to even the smallest edges or holds with ease.
In fact, this climbing shoe is more like a pillow on your feet. They are comfortable and frankly reasonable by its price. Most consumers have confirmed that Helix is ideal for wide feet climbers.
- Made out-of 210T polyester.
- Reinforced webbing-tabs.
- 4 guys ropes alongside adjusters.
- It is light-weighted.
- Very durable.
- It is a waterproof.
- A weather survival gear.
- It is versatile.
- Easy to set up
- Simple to pack up.
- Ideal for outdoor backpacking.
This product also one of the best rock climbing shoes for wide footers. Scarpa Vapor is nothing less a workhorse. Durable and well sized. As top best climbing shoes, it edges smoothly and also excel very well at bouldering and of course sports climbing. This climbing shoe is for all-day multi-pitch activities, stiff enough to give support for a haul. Another impressive thing about this shoe is that the Bi-tension-rand provides a comfortable feel.
The upgraded version of this product has additional rubber at the upper level to help in toe hooking. Vapor V doesn’t really stand-out for sensitivity or even edging. It is very comfortable with thin cracks. In addition, Scarpa Vapor has enough flex for jamming and smearing.
- Perfect for camping.
- Great for backpacking.
- Protects against rain, sun, wind etc.
- Includes 4-guylines with tensioner.
- Two metal-stakes created for durability.
- Made with 190T-polyester with-PU-coating-1000 mm.
- Weighs 14 ounces.
- Reflect light.
- It has reflective lines (usually at night).
- It is durable.
- Easily set up.
- It is nicely and sturdily built.
- It’s quite affordable.
- Kept the tree sap off my tent.
- It’s light-weighted.
- It is small, bigger one would have better.
Five Ten, is wide feet climbing shoe highly impressive in performance. It is a high friction rock climbing shoe. Essentially, this wide feet shoe is a bouldering slipper. Five Ten is a good-heal and of course toe rubber. All-rounder shoe for hiking, rock climbing, outdoor games, in fact, the shoe for the world’s toughest and dangerous you can think of. This product is really perfect for wide feet climbers. Great for climbing small edges cracks.
It hooks nicely and nice soft sole. Not very ok okay on edges. It has a good fitting like that of old-school Velcro-Dragons.
If you get the right size, this shoe is really perfect for wide feet climbers. Assuming your normal street shoe size is 7 ½ you should go with 9 ½ or just 1-inch difference.
- Sleeping shelter.
- UST’s versatile.
- Easily set-up.
- It is durable.
- This hammock tarp is of high quality.
- Suitable for camping shelter.
- It is light-weighted.
- Keeps you dry.
- It is very affordable.
- Easy to pack up.
- It is small.
This among the best rock climbing shoes for wide feet climber as well that can help you climb very high with comfort and easy climbing. It is cheap with great quality. This is also ideal for a beginner with normal size feet as well. Very comfortable for starters. It’s more like a slipper than a boot with nice grip on edges.
It is best climbing shoe when it comes to indoor bouldering. However, try not to point your toe too much. The rubber is strong and of great quality. Mad rock flash is fit for heel hooking. Also has a 3D-molded-heel that ensures great grip when needed.
- PU-coated polyester ripstop rain-fly.
- It can arranged to suit cooking and relaxation.
- Has a symmetrical Hexagonal shape.
- Rain-fly Fabric.
- The symmetrical Hexagonal shape is perfect for hammock camping.
- It’s of great quality product.
- Very Simple design which makes it easy for setup.
- It has a great size.
- This hammock tarp is compact and light-weighted.
- It has an impressive pockets for keeping the ropes.
- Polyurethane coated polyester provides protection from rain.
- It’s relatively cheap for its price.
- It works perfectly well with all types of hammocks.
- This hammock product is very durable.
- Don’t quite have any to me for now.
This is an all-rounded men and women best rock climbing shoes for beginners. Very easy to wear and easy to remove. Has an adjustable hook and loop closure that allows beginners to advance their skills and most importantly improve their overall performance.
This is one of the best climbing shoes for wide feet climbers as confirmed by buyers in the review of this product. Sportiva Unisex Tarantulace is comfortable, versatile and convenient. It is sensitive, durable, with additional sticky friction soles that grip the rock while climbing.
There is also a presence of the unlined leather at upper level which is great for managing moist surface.
- It is a multi-purpose hammock.
- Ideal for camping.
- Ultra light backpacking.
- Hunting-wilderness survival, and other thing.
- Aluminized for thermal-insulation/emergency-signaling.
- Sets up in few minutes.
- Comes with steel-stakes, and guy lines.
- Ultra-lightweight & compact.
- It can be used as a sleeping shelter for every weather.
- Provides an awesome rain, wind and sun protection.
- It is a multi-purpose function.
- Also versatile in use.
- It is durable.
- It has complete tent instruction.
- It is easy to set up and as well packing.
- It’s light-weighted and very compact.
- It can also be used as a thermal blanket.
The Sportiva Solution as one of the best rock climbing shoe for wide feet climbers. It has among the most aggressive and distinct designs in the market. This climbing shoe is intended for just performance related to sport climbs as well as bouldering issues.
The shoe is almost covered in rubber, which otherwise make it perfect for clinging to the wall. Durable and comfortable climbing shoe. La Sportiva edges very well as it also retains its sensitivity. A solution is not very great for stretching to be fitting to tour fee.
- Great water shedding feature.
- Made up of polyurethane_ treated 210d-ripstop-nylon.
- Sound/foul-weather –protection.
- Multi-purpose hammock.
- Weighs 22 pounds.
- It is light-weighted.
- Very durable.
- Relatively cheap for its quality.
- It is a multi-purpose use hammock tarp.
- It is 100% Nylon.
- It has a long lifespan
- It covers a large space.
- It has a stuff stack with carrying handle.
- It is very compact.
- It is very easy to set-up and bring down too.
- It has no peg.
- It’s bulky.
Best Women's Climbing Shoes
The above-listed climbing shoes are for men. Now is there a climbing shoe for wide feet women? The answer is yes. The same way we have climbing shoes for wide feet men.
Female can also use men shoe but the major difference is that women's climbing shoes are narrower than that of men. Here are climbing shoes for women with wide feet.
The Miura VS rock climbing shoe virtually belongs in the world toughest climbing. This shoe is asymmetrical made with an aggressive downturned identity which helps the Miura VS do work well on steep terrain and also toe into precisions pockets.
The Vibram XS has a stick rubber which guarantees traction on a rock angle where it can now use its diamond-strong edges and the asymmetric shape to move down on invisible characteristics. This shoe has to be painfully tight for it to perfect its capacity. In this case, you have endured a little bit while you push the grades.
- Light-weight shelter provides you weather protection.
- Made with strong material yet lightweight.
- Water-resistant polyester.
- Suitable for backpacking, camping.
- Absence of poles.
- It has an adjustable-corner guy line.
- It is very sturdy but light-weighted.
- It is built with water-resistant polyester.
- Perfect for backpacking/ camping shelter etc.
- It is also very durable.
- It is easy to set up.
- The reflector-stripes look cheap.
The Mythos climbing shoe is yet another best rock climbing shoes for wide feet climbers. This shoe is outstanding for its comfort and soft they are. It has a soft unlined leather. Very tight at first but stretches a little to bring comfort.
However, it has a nice lacing system that helps for adjustment. Ideal for all-day dragging. Mythos are made from recycled materials as least 95% of the shoes. Very good for rock climbing.
- Weighs 4.3 lbs.
- Highly Compact.
- 100% Waterproof.
- Very Durable.
- 20,000 mm hydrostatic-resistance.
- Reinforced- stitching.
- It is well built.
- Suitable for all outdoor events.
- Easy to a pack.
- Extremely durable.
- Multi tasked.
- Water resistance.
- It is highly compatible.
- Very heavy.
Sportiva TarantuLace female climbing shoe is a comfortable and also high-performance answer to any kind of climbing. It is one of the best female rock climbing shoes for wide feet climbers. This shoe is structured for climbers that has an aggressive edge.
In addition to, Tarantulace has a rough rubber heel and, nice grip, grippy friction, rubber soles and very sensitive to feel. This women's climbing shoe has a synthetic leather lacing that gives support to beginners. It is quite comfortable and soft.
- Suitable for multiple-users.
- It weighs 1.6lbs.
- Lifetime warranty.
- It is a high-quality product.
- Very durable.
- It is light-weighted.
- Very simple and Easy to set up.
- Suitable for a cold weather.
- This product is very portable and can be set up anywhere.
- Ideal for all outdoor activities.
- It is short.
There are so many climbing shoes that are meant for wide feet climbers but not all that glitters is gold. Before listing the above climbing shoes, a general review was conducted before I finally came to this conclusion with the 10 best climbing shoes for wide feet. I was able to find the features, strength and of course the weaknesses of all the wide feet climbing shoes to filter these ones.
This isn’t a promotional review but I am very sure that climbing is a tough and dangerous sport which requires maximum protection. The only way you can protect yourself first of all is to make sure you are climbing in the right shoes.